Town Hall – Hunstanton – Tourist Information

Town Hall – Hunstanton – Tourist Information
4th of july crafts
Image by ell brown
The Green in Hunstanton.

On the right is the Town Hall of Hunstanton. Now also the Tourist Information office.

The Town Hall was built in 1896 and The Town Council still meets in the first floor chamber. The building was designed by the eminent Victorian architect, George Skipper. His exuberant style is reflected in many of the squares and houses in Hunstanton.

The Town Hall is Grade II listed.

Town Hall, Hunstanton – Heritage Gateway

Former Town Hall. Dated 1896 and inscribed CJ and FW Skipper, architects.
Carstone rubble with squared dressings, tiled roofs. 2 storey tripartite
facade, single storey hall to rear. Late Victorian Jacobethan. Facade with 2
bay gabled centre, single bay slightly recessed wings. Ground floor with
central door and 2 single light casements, first floor with central 4-light
and flanking 2-light arched headed cross windows divided by thin pilasters
with console bases and entablature above. Gable with clock set in strap work
surround, stone coping and strap work finial. Outer bays with single ground
floor cross window and one first floor 3-light mullioned and transomed window.
Returned gables with stone coping and apex finial. 2 ridge stacks. South
gable with 2 storey bow window projection and 5-sided 2 storey porch with
conical roof and wooden cupola. 8 bay hall to rear with large mullioned and
transomed windows, lead and wooden cupola on ridge, and gabled porch.

A craft fair was going on Saturday the 9th of July 2011.